Organic Dog Treats
All Natural Dog Treats Are Best When Organic!
When you see the words organic dog treats are you wondering what that means?
We didn’t know either when we started over 20 years ago!
Yet…today we believe that all natural dog treats that are organic are the best to feed your dog.
Because they are grown, manufactured and produced with strict higher standards than other food.
Definitions of Organic Dog Treats
- All produce, meat and the manufacturing of products are done without
the use of synthetic pesticides, synthetic fertilizers or other
synthetic components, sewage sludge, genetically modified organisms or
- Produced by farmers who believe and use renewable resources and the
conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for
- Organic meat, poultry, eggs and dairy products come from animals that are given no antibiotics or growth hormones
- The animals must also be given access to the outdoors
- In 1990, Congress passed the Organic Foods Production Act, which
meant the USDA had to develop national standards for organic products
- A food that is labeled “organic” must come from farms certified by
an accredited agent by the USDA National Organic Program (NOP) The
standards are stringent and comprehensive
Definitions Of All Natural Dog Treats
- A product that has no artificial ingredients
- No added color
- Minimally processed
- Label must explain the use of the term natural (such as-no added colorings, artificial ingredients, minimally processed)
- No governmental standards to product the consumer so labels can state natural but not really be natural
You now have the definitions of organic dog/pet treats and all
natural dog treats to help you make the decision on what you want to
give your pet.
If you choose to buy organic pet treats finding them is not that
difficult. They are available online or at certain pet shops. Just make
sure they have the USDA Certified Organic logo on the box or bag.
You will improve your dog’s health and maybe even save in future vet
bills because you feed high quality treats to your best companion.
Giving organic pet treats may prevent future development of health issues such as…
- Skin problems
Remember…if you want to make your own organic dog treats…it really isn’t that difficult.
We have many great articles and homemade dog treat recipes on this website to help you!
You can get started now to helping your 4 legged live a healthy and happy life…don’t delay.
Yet…remember these are treats not food so they should only be used during training sessions and special occasions.
Natural Pet Treats | Organic Dog Treats