Homemade Dog Treat Recipes
Organic and All Natural Dog Treats
Making homemade dog treat recipes can be fun and economical!
Just know that if your dogs are like our own dogs you may have a hard time keeping them out of the kitchen while you are making their special yummies.
They'll look at you with those big beautiful eyes and plead for you to give them just a little taste!
We understand that
each dog may have special needs when making all natural dog treats, so
please be sure to review each recipe to make sure it will work for them.
If there is
an ingredient that is not good for your pet, you can substitute it for something
that your pet can eat.
You'll probably want to experiment with different ingredients, however be sure that those ingredients are beneficial to your pooch.
There are so many horrible ingredients out there and you want to make sure you choose the right one!
To learn more about dog nutrition, this guide by Sharda Baker
has taught many of us learn what to choose for our dogs and how to find the best ingredients for the healthiest of treats.
Although we have included a few of our favorite dog treat recipes in this article, there are so many more!
Here's a great guide from Rovers Recipes that not only will give you recipes for natural homemade treats, but also for homemade dog food, shampoos, and home remedies. Get your recipe book here!
Benefits in Making Your own Homemade Dog Treat Recipes
- You get to choose the ingredients
- You can choose organic and all natural ingredients
- You can use organic meats, veggies, flours etc
- You can add lots of love
- You can even start your own profitable business
Our 1st Favorite Organic Dog Treat Recipe
Your dogs will rate this on their homemade dog treat recipes list!
- 3-3.5 pounds of organic meat. Such as liver, beef, chicken, turkey, duck, etc.
- 1 cup of organic whole wheat flour
- 4 ounces of fresh organic minced or crushed garlic
- 2 cups of organic oat flour
- 1/2 cup of corn meal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray
- Sprinkle lightly with corn meal and then set cookie sheet aside
- Put your meat choice and garlic in a food processor or blender until it is completely mashed
- Pour in large mixing bowl and add rest of the ingredients
- Spread evenly onto cookie sheet…mixture is thick!
- Sprinkle lightly with rest of cornmeal
- Bake until no longer pink…30 minutes
- Turn oven off and leave in oven until they cool
- Remove and cut into small pieces
Our 2nd Favorite Recipe For Organic Dog Treats
- 1 cup of organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of organic grated organic cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of organic garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of organic olive oil
- 1/2 cup of organic chicken broth…no salt
- Mix flour and cheese together
- Add garlic powder and oil
- Add broth while stirring until you have dough
- Knead on floured board
- Roll to ¼ inch thickness
- Cut into shapes and put on ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minute
- Cool in oven with door open till cold and firm
- Keep in refrigerator
Finally, here is our all natural dog treats birthday cake that is totally safe for your dog!
Doggie Birthday Cake
Nothing can be more fun than celebrating your dogs’ birthday with an all natural, all organic birthday cake!
We have made this one for years and it even has icing!
- 3 cups of organic whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of organic vegetable oil
- 5 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 cup of mashed organic meat…your choice
- 2 cups of finely shredded organic carrots
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix flour and baking powder in a large bowl
- Combine oil, beaten eggs in a separate mixing bowl until smooth
- Add the meat and carrots and mix well
- Add flour and continue to stir until smooth
- Spread the mixture into 2 greased 9 inch round cake pans and bake for 1 hour
- Allow cooling on wire racks
Icing For All Natural Dog Treats Cake
Since the recipe for the birthday cake is meat based we use a potato frosting. They love it!
- 4 medium potatoes that are organic, scrubbed and peeled. No green parts as they are toxic to dogs
- 1 cup of water to cook potatoes or more if needed
- 4 tablespoons of parsley
- 1/3 cup of plain organic yogurt
- Mash cooked potatoes and parsley in a food processor
- Stir in organic yogurt and add additional water if icing is too thick to spread
Now you can assemble your doggie birthday cake and celebrate you companions birthday with a new twist!
Enjoy your homemade dog treat recipes…our gift to you!
Natural Pet Treats | Homemade Dog Treat Recipes