Recipes for Hamster Treats
Healthy & Organic Treats For Hamsters
Are you looking for homemade organic hamster treats that you can make at home using great time tested recipes?
We can almost bet that your hamster is one of the cutest things on earth
and for the best pet hamster care you want to give them organic pet
Like you, we strongly believe that feeding healthy treats rather than
commercially processed food is the best for all our pets.
hamster deserves a little treat now and then. So instead of buying
expensive food from a grocery store try some of our suggestions.
Your hammy will come out of hiding for these special organic pet treats.
Some things to consider…first
- Hamsters are omnivorous which means they eat meat and veggies
- Their natural foods that they eat in the wild are grains, seeds, veggies and insects
- Don’t over feed treats make sure they get a balanced diet
- Use organic ingredients to insure there are no toxic chemicals in your hamster treats
Next…Harmful Foods That You Do Not Feed Your Hamster
- Apple seed
- No citrus fruit
- Kidney or red beans
- Junk food made for humans or hammys
- Any sharp dry stiff or sticky food since they will get stuck in the hamster’s cheek pouch and injure the tissue
The next list contains most of the foods that are safe for your hamster
to eat. Remember to vary and you can replace the ingredients in our
recipes with the list below.
Recipe #1 –Organic Hamster Treats
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix a variety of foods in the list below in a bowl
- Example..1 cup each of nuts, dried veggies and fruit, barley, wheat and corn
- Use organic honey and form small balls of food
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Let cool and store in freezer
Recipe #2 – Best Pet Hamster Care With Hammy Quiches
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Choose 1 cup total of 2-3 veggies from the list below and grate into small pieces
- Take 1 large egg and beat
- Put veggies in a very small baking cup
- Pour beaten eggs over veggies
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Let cool and serve
For variety use different veggies, meats and even make an all fruit “dessert” quiche for great organic pet treat.
Safe Organic Pet Treats For Your Hamster
- Dandelion leaves
- Meal worms
- Sunflower seeds
- Hard boiled egg
Recipe #3 – Raw Buffet Seed Mix
This is the easiest and we want to include it just in case you want to reward your cute little fur ball fast!
- Hamsters love a variety of seeds
- Choose from the list a variety of 2-3 seeds or nuts
- Use unsalted and organic
- Put them in piles around the cage to stimulate activity
You can then watch the antics as your hammy hides the seeds in his or her pouch…can you stand the cuteness?...We love it!
don’t want to over feed hamster treats as it can make them sick. Plus,
remove uneaten food after they are finished so it doesn’t rot.
Other pages you may like:
Hamster Food Choices - organic pet foods or a natural pet food choice for your hamster
Hamster Bedding - Choosing the right hamster bedding is really important.
Natural Pet Treats|Hamster Treats